Saturday, March 30, 2013

Jane Dough's Strawberry Fields Donuts



Who doesn't love Donuts?! I just don't know... I especially love donuts with fruit in them. :) This is a recipe I came up with that allows me to keep my donuts 'somewhat' healthy... and I bake the fruit right in... yes, that's right... I bake them, not fry. That requires special pans for baking them... but for me, well worth the investment... after all, it's an investment in keeping my Breakfast fun, but 'somewhat' healthy!! :P  My Donut pans are from King Arthur Flour Co. where you can buy pans to make mini or standard sized Donuts.... hope you will try these...and Happy Baking!!


                                                  Jane Dough's Strawberry Fields Donuts


1 1/3 Cup of Pastry Flour ( You can also use All-Purpose Flour, but Pastry Flour makes them more fluffy & tender)
1/2 Cup Stevia/Sugar Blend ( You can use all Sugar, but I use part Stevia to cut calories)
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
3 Tblsp. Dried, Powdered Milk
2 Large Eggs
3 Tblsp. Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Strawberry Jam ( You can substitute your favorite Fruit Jam.. )
2 Tblsp. Water

Preheat oven to 350'. Generously grease Donut Baking Pans. Beat Eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in Jam, Water and Oil. Then add in Stevia/ Sugar, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Powdered Milk. Blend well. Last, add the Flour. Fill each Donut form about half full. I put my batter in a sandwich bag w/ the corner cut off and 'pipe' the batter into each Donut form. Bake the Donuts for about 10 to 12 min. Time will vary depending on the power of your oven. They are done baking when they are golden brown on the top.

Once baked, remove the donuts from the pans and allow to cool. I lightly glaze them with  1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar, 1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract, 1 Tblsp. Water. ( I added in a drop of food coloring in keeping with the Strawberries baked inside.) Your glaze should not be too loose, but just loose enough to run in a stream from your spoon.

 I find the quickest way to glaze 'en masse' is to simply line up the donuts on my countertop and run the glaze in long lines over the donuts. Enjoy this Spring-y little Breakfast treat.... :)


1 comment:

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails