Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Still at the Root of Me

 
Just because the 'Plant' is not currently in bloom, doesn't mean the 'Artist' is not still at the root of me. Although I have temporarily closed my Etsy shop, I am still working on a number of new items... so when I re-open, I will have alot of pretty new pieces for you to check out....

A little hiatus from selling... and time for 'growing' as a person along the way... we all need that from time to time... to just stop the superfluous and take stock of where we are at as a person... make change as needed... a good pruning... or transplant... whatever the need....

I continue to tap into my creative self. Working with clay, playing at color, texture, shape...

I continue to combine Glass, Gemstone, Wood, Metal to add dimension to my designs.... and of course, my designs always reflect my love for nature and gardening.
No matter where I wind up in life, how I might change as a person or change how I am living...one thing about me will always remain a constant.... I will always be the girl who loves to sit in the forest and ponder... who loves to grow plants, run outside in the rain, who loves to care for little creatures, look up at the clouds as they float by... and parlay that inspiration into creativity.
 
Everything I work on for my shop is a reflection of my days spent outdoors, as a little girl, as a teenager, and now as an adult.  I think we all need to reaffirm, from time to time,  the unique things that make us who we are and embrace whatever it is. For me, it is now more important than ever. In a world that is ever spinning out of control, and a life that can sometimes bring chaos and challenge; it is good to feel grounded by something that brings me joy. My creativity is where I go to express myself: the good, the bad, and the 'where did that come from'... ? It is both an expression of who I know I am and a reflective vehicle for self discovery.
 

So, whether, I 'perch' in my daily living.....

Or whether I take 'flight'... 
 
Nature, and the creativity that it inspires in me..will always be at the root of me...
What is at the root of you? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails