Thursday, November 8, 2012

Jane Dough's Comfort Food: Corn Fritters

 
 
This is an old fashioned family favorite... perfect for Brunch or those evenings when you have a craving for comfort food or Breakfast at Dinner. My Corn Fritters are quick and easy to make and sugar free. The subtle sweetness of the Fritters is derived from the creamed corn. For added sweetness, go ahead and drizzle on warm maple syrup.
 
1 can of Creamed Corn
1/2 cup of Milk ( I use 1%)
2 Eggs , beaten
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
6 Tblsp. melted Butter
 
Combine ingredients. Mix thru.  I fry these with just a light coating of oil on the pan. They fry best, and get nice and puffy from the Baking Powder, if you avoid using alot of grease to fry.
 
 
Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

Sutapa said...

looks delicious Kristen...love it!

Teresa Rusk said...

These sound just heavenly! I'll have to try them for myself! Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails