Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tropical Breakfast Bread



Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in Winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I had Mango in my fruit bowl the other morning and I planned to bake Mango Bread. I found a recipe and then my usual 'I'm going to mess w/ this recipe' attitude kicked in. I altered the recipe to include Guava and Pineapple in addition to the Mango.  I also cut the sugar in half, substituting Stevia; tossed in chopped Pecans, added the warmth of cinnamon. So the calorie savings were probably a wash..but... it's a girl's perogative.. and if you have to be bad... better to be bad with nuts  :P ...  The result was a wonderfully moist bread with a crisp outer crust and juicy chunks of fruit baked right inside. I hope you'll give it a go....

Tropical Breakfast Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup Stevia
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups chopped fruit ( I used Mango, Guava and Pineapple, leaving the chunks big and juicy. If you want the fruit to be more subtle, simply chop finer. )
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans.    

Combine ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake at 350' for about 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails