Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saving Someone's Prince


Just a short anecdotal post with regard to a 'tiny adventure' I recently had in a home improvement center parking lot. I picked up a few items for future work in my garden. Little did I know that a small part of my garden had accompanied me to the store.
 I had gotten into my car to head for home, and I began driving out of the lot, when I felt beady little eyes on me.  I looked out of my window, and there, clinging to the side view mirror was a tiny green tree frog. This particular kind of frog has been caught napping in prior times in the car mirror. And he evidently made his bed there, and slept thru the trip to the store. He leapt from the mirror to the window, clinging for dear life. Thankfully, I was able to pull my car over and I emptied a water bottle I brought with me. I carefully opened my car door to pursue the frog. He jumped to my car front hood and then headed toward a nearby tree. Thankfully, at the tree, I was able to retrieve him. I placed him safely into the water bottle for the trip to home. Surely, he would have been hurt or worse in that busy store parking lot. So I was quite relieved to have captured him. I feel certain that in my garden there is someone whose heart he has captured and who would miss him dearly were he to be lost or hurt.  And just look at him, you can almost see him smiling!  Someone's Prince was saved... and I feel glad for that.... :) I will hear them singing together, with happiness,  on warm summer nights. No person or creature is insignificant on the face of our Earth.

If we can discover the meaning of the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion. Adrian Forsyth

1 comment:

Shadow Dog Designs said...

Have done the same thing when a tree frog has hitched a ride :) Hope the little fellow is happy back home and can tell stories of his big adventure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails