Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Burst of Tropical Goodness for Breakfast!


Happy Summer Mornings to you! Summer is a great time to indulge in the treasure trove of fruity goodness that can be had from our gardens. This weekend I played around in my kitchen with some Mango that I had on hand. I whipped up a batch of wonderful Mango Coconut Muffins for a marvelously exotic and fun Breakfast treat .  Don't want Mango? Toss in fresh Strawberries, or Blueberries, or dice up some fresh Peaches. Nevertheless, get that fresh fruity goodness going in the morning to keep you going all day, and all summer long......
 1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg                                                       
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup 1%  or low fat milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract                                                 
1 tsp. coconut extract
                                                                              


Cream the above ingredients and then fold in
1 cup diced mango ( If you use canned or fozen, be certain to drain it. )

Spoon batter into a muffin pan as pictured. Sprinkle each muffin with Streusel topping-

I made a 'blonde' streusel topping with ( approximations) don't be afraid to play at it..
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tblsp. butter, softened
Your streusel should be nice and crumbly without being too moist.
Then for an added Coconutty punch... sprinkle each muffin with a bit of toasted coconut.


Bake at 350 degrees until they rise up and become wonderfully golden!






Make it a fun start to a fun day!!


5 comments:

Adorebynat said...

Kirsten,
These are so delicious!! I wish I live close to you and I come over for the muffins :-0)
I'm not a baker (failed when I tried once). Maybe I'll try again when I have the time to bake.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :-)

Bonnie said...

Hi Kirsten, I have to try this recipe! I'm not much of a coconut fan but I adore mango. As a kid we had the tallest mango tree in our back yard that I used to sit in sometimes.

cheeky curves said...

Mango and coconut, a very tropical muffin, yum

Holly said...

It's not feeling much like summer today, but those still sound amazing! I'm a fool for coconut. Thanks for the recipe!

Maria João ♥ said...

Hello Kirsten :)
What a lovely blog! I love it :)
Where are you from?

Have a nice weekend!
Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails