Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chocolate and Cherries.... Need I Say More??!!



Recently I was craving a good chocolate fix... so I got out a basic Chocolate cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit. I LOVE to take recipes and play with them!! How about you? Do you find yourself doing that too? ...... I think it makes what I make that much more enjoyable..... If you like fudgy brownies, sweet/tart cherries and a little warm tingle on your tongue ....tries these little cookies.... ;)

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( adds just enough heat to these cookies to be warmingly pleasant)
1 bag chocolate chips
1 to 1 1/2 cup dried cherries ( amount to preference)

Preheat oven to 350'. Grease cookie sheets. Cream butter, sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well. Add dry ingredients and mix through. Add the chips and cherries. Drop by rounded spoonfuls. Be careful not to over bake.... you want them to be chewy brownie consistency.. Enjoy!!

11 comments:

cheeky curves said...

they look delicious

Adorebynat said...

mmm...yummy chocolate cookies.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well :-)

Bonnie said...

oh, these look good! Thanks for the recipe I'm going to make a batch.

Bonnie

Paper Squid said...

I love a good cookie recipe. I admit I don't cook to often (not much at all) but I bake a lot more. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a Happy Holidays Kirsten!!!

-Karyna

Polly said...

I had to smile at this - my oldest daughter puts cayenne in EVERYTHING, even her coffee!!! This does look and sound delicious. All of my grand children love anything with chocolate. Who doesn't?!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These sound fabulous! I love anything with chocolate in them! ~Val

Sarah said...

Oh, good golly, those look delicious!! Yum!

Janet Bocciardi said...

omg - those look SO good!! Going to have to copy that one down and bake soon!

OutdoorMama.com said...

These look delish!

Holly said...

I think I may have the world's most ferocious craving for something baked and chocolatey now. Yum!

OliveStreetStudio said...

I bet those didn't last long....happy new year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails