Monday, September 20, 2010

Flight of Self-Efficacy > And So Too Should We....


In order to succeed, people need a sense of self-efficacy, to struggle together with resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of life.  Albert Bandura

My husband and I recently drove to a nearby beach and stayed overnight. Just a little getaway, that proved to be more than just rest and relaxation. It was so healing to me to see the beautiful wildlife thriving and happy on the Gulf of Mexico! The birds were out in full force and put on quite a show.... I especially love the Brown Pelicans. The images of the affected Pelicans, after the oil spill , were a devastation. So to see them flying about, playing and fishing and having fun was wonderful.
I don't kid myself... I know that there were likely many of them who didn't survive the effects of the spill. And shame on the people responsible for that. If they manage to wheezle their way out of taking responsibility here and now.... they will eventually answer for it elsewhere, in a another time..... Call it Heaven, After-Life, Karma.... their negative vibes will reverberate back to them.... someday.  The riches they obtain in this life will never supercede the richness of having a pure and caring spirit.


Nevertheless, these birds are an inspiration to me. They are rising above the 'inevitable obstacles and inequities of life' as Bandura states. They are going on with their lives... working towards their own health and happiness. They are not allowing anyone to take their happiness from them.


It is a lesson well learned...... Of resilience, of self -efficacy, and the will not only to survive, but to thrive! 


Let's all move forward with wings wide open , and dive right into our future.....The Sun might set on them, but they reach out to a new day everyday....and so too should We....

1 comment:

Paper Squid said...

It's so great to see these photos.

Like you I don't kid myself either; that gulf oil spill was so deep under the surface that who knows the full effects it's having (or will have). But to see them, it's beautiful. Things and life continue, but some humans have a lot of work and karmic growth to do (including myself) but some of these people involved in this oil spill and who are hiding the truth, well, it's just insane.

I think I may follow you and take a mini getaway trip soon! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails