Monday, July 26, 2010

Fired up!! :)


This weekend I had alot of time for creativity!! With my house cleaning behind me, I spent my Sunday working on several new pieces with which to make new items for my Etsy shop. Since I knew I was going to be hands deep in clay today, and I knew that I was not going to want to stop once I got started.... I made myself a nice protein fortified smoothie. My favorite local smoothie place closed shop many months ago, and so I have resorted to making my own. I like to keep it as lowfat as I can... so I basically make mine

with lowfat milk instead of the customary yogurt. To that I add honey, milled flax seed ( for my Omega 3), a scoop of Vanilla flavored protein powder, frozen fruit ( try it! I dice my favorites ahead of time and freeze them- strawberry, mango, pineapple...) And of course crushed ice.  
I give it all a good blast in my blender......
And I'm good to go! .......

It really makes for great 'hands free' nutrition while I'm in my creating 'trance'!!! I hope you had a happy and creative weekend as well! ( Cute coaster is handmade by my UWIB sister, Japip!! ) Check her out on Etsy!

5 comments:

Walk in the Woods said...

I enjoy a nice homemade smoothie on occasion, myself! I make mine with home yogurt and frozen garden fruits, sometimes adding fresh-ground flax seed and a store-bought banana.

Merry creating!

cheeky curves said...

sound very healthy. I have a smoothie but only used it a couple of time. Maybe just maybe

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Yummy way to be hands free for your lovely creations. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

Hazydaisy said...

That looks and sounds delicious!

Audrey said...

Yummy and lovely! I love your new art clay pieces!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails