Friday, June 25, 2010

On Being My Own Potter and Growing My Own Way

                                 
Time'swheelsrunsbackor stops: Potterand clayendure.
-Browning, Robert
Dramatis Personae,'Rabbi ben Ezra', stanza 27.

Uh, no.... not going to spend this post deciphering Robert Browning. But I will quote some of the text of "Rabbi Ben Ezra," which Browning first published in Dramatis Personae. Why? Because some of the words exemplify how I feel about living my creative life. I spent too many years ignoring what 'grows' my happiness and each new creative challenge that I set for myself, I grow a little more in this rich ' garden bed' called life. And the beauty of it all is that not only do I get to 'grow', but I'm the 'potter' , the 'gardener', and 'creative soul' who can mold and shape my life into whatever I want it to be........... Whatever your wheel..... Spin it your way...... wherever your 'Garden Bed'......Grow your life to be whatever you want it to be.....

Ay, note that Potter's wheel,
That metaphor! and feel
Why time spins fast, why passive lies our clay, —
Thou, to whom fools propound,
When the wine makes its round,
"Since life fleets, all is change; the Past gone, seize to-day!"

And so I have started out on a new challenge for myself. The seeds of creativity were planted long ago.... and now I'm simply growing in the direction of where my' sunshine' takes me, if you will. I'm rolling, molding, carving, sculpting to my heart's content, and I'm loving it! The following are the fruits of my labor and I plan to list them and many more in my shop.

Sea Shell Choker


Watchful Bird Necklace



















Twilight Sky Necklace, Mokume Gane technique















Organic Muse Necklace / This will be a reserved listing















Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results of this new creative adventure that I'm on. I wish all of you, a life that lets you be your own Potter, your own Gardener, and the creative soul that you were meant to be. And most of all endure at it..........

Fool! All that is, at all,
Lasts ever, past recall;
Earth changes, but thy soul and God stand sure:
What entered into thee,
That was, is, and shall be:
Time'swheelrunsbackorstops: Potterand clayendure.

7 comments:

jamfiescreations1 said...

What a wonderful post. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your new find. You are very good at it. My favorite is the Organic Muse Necklace, very beautiful. I make paper crafts, but lately I have been wanting to try something new. This is definetly a sign to do so. Thanks, Mary O

cheeky curves said...

Tbank you for stopping by and thank you for your your lovely comment of my etsy shop. Yeh you are right its much more fun to focus on the creative self. Loving your new items

Audrey said...

Those are amazing!! LOVE the colors and patterns.

Holly said...

These look great! Surely you're not just starting out with polymer clay, because these look like they were done by a pro. Nice work!

Delicate Adornments said...

love this new direction. The bird and leaf pendants are awesome!

Kirsten said...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It really means alot to know that I'm off to a good start. Hugs all around!! :)

Tree said...

These are just gorgeous! You have found your niche! I would love to do something creative and beautiful like that. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I'm returning the "follow" luv!

Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
Mother of Pearl It Is

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails