Saturday, May 22, 2010

Visiting My Wetland Neighbors

Now that warmer weather is here...I have started in on my daily walking routine. And there is always someting to see in our neighborhood, since we are nestled in the wetlands. They are lovely untouched natural areas that still serve as home to our wildlife neighbors.   

 


Our area is filled with lakes and ponds, everywhere you look. And on this particular walk I ran into a few 'neighbors ' who frequent our natural areas.  

This little gator guy, was so beautiful!
We had a little stare down.... but luckily, he must have been in a pretty mellow mood, hanging out in the pond, sunning himself.

Then I came across this little showboat..... dancing around one of the pond shores like she owns the place. A gorgeous multicolor Heron. She danced......

And danced! ...... Check out the rockett kick!! Broadway, here she comes!
Then she strutted herself up the bank......


Then a Rond de Jambe back to the water.....

and ended with a curtsy!


Then at another pond....

Another timid little gator......
Who came up for a closer look.....


And then went on his way..... Always something great to see in my neighborhood....
I'm so glad that walking season is back!! A great way to stay in shape and to stay  in touch with my wetlands friends..... :)  I hope that you are all enjoying the wildlife in your area.....

2 comments:

jamfiescreations1 said...

These are beautiful photos. You do have wonderful land around you.
Enjoy it.

Audrey said...

Wonderful Photos!! Not sure about the alligator though :)

I really need to get out my camera and go for a walk too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails