Monday, May 24, 2010

Lemon Dimples Cookies for a Smile on Your Face !!


Lemon Dimples Recipe 

I LOVE these sweet little lemony cookies!! They taste rather reminiscent of  the wonderful Lemon Meringue pie that my Mom taught me to bake years ago! And they are from Woman's Day Magazine. My Mom  and I used to read it together as I was learning to cook and bake.  And they are a cinch to make! I have posted a few pictures from my kitchen.  Enjoy!!  
By Woman's Day Kitchen from Woman's Day
March 3, 2009 .



1 1⁄2 sticks (3⁄4 cup) unsalted butter, softened

1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting

1⁄4 cup granulated sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp grated lemon zest

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp baking powder

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 scant cup prepared lemon curd


PREPARATION

1. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. On low speed, beat in baking powder, then flour, until incorporated. Cover; chill dough 1 hour. Place lemon curd into a small ziptop food-storage bag; seal bag. 

2. Heat oven to 350°F. You’ll need baking sheets lined with nonstick foil, liners or parchment. Shape scant tablespoonsful of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on prepared sheets. With index finger, make a deep indentation in center of each. Snip a tiny corner of ziptop bag and pipe lemon curd into dough indentations to fill completely (about 1 tsp per cookie).

3. Bake 15 minutes or until cookie edges just begin to lightly brown. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack. Dust cookie edges with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
 

5 comments:

Matt Holton said...

Yummy- those look tasty. We just got fresh eggs and lemons so this will be perfect.

Hazydaisy said...

Oh, don't these sound and look delicious- I will be trying them for sure! I love anything lemony.
Your photos are so inviting too!

OliveStreetStudio said...

these look delicious....I'm going to have to copy and try the recipe - thanks!!

cheeky curves said...

They look good enough o eat, will have to try them

Adorebynat said...

Kirsten, you always have great recipes. They all look good and one of these days, I should try them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails