Monday, March 1, 2010

Exercise in Introspection/ What's Behind Your Garden Door?


I always enjoy stopping by Lori Anderson's blog. http://www.lorianderson.blogspot.com/. She always has wonderful posts- thoughtful, creative, insightful and fun. The other day she posted an interesting exercise. I liked it because it seems rather telling to carry out the exercise ( I did it in kind of a rapid response fashion) and then examine your responses for all of the reasons behind your answers. It kind of lends itself to a little bit of introspection, and getting in touch with what lies 'behind your garden door', so to speak.  Here is what I came up with:

   If I were a month I’d be October
                                   
                                 If I were a day I’d be Saturday

                                 If I were a time of day I’d be Sunrise

                                 If I were a planet I’d be Mercury

                                 If I were a sea animal I’d be a seahorse

                                 If I were a direction I’d be south

                                 If I were a piece of furniture I’d be a bookshelf

                                 If I were a liquid I’d be frothy cappuccino

                                 If I were a gem stone I’d be topaz

                                 If I were a tree I’d be a Raspberry Crepe Mrytle

                                 If I were a tool I’d be a whisk

                                 If I were a flower I’d be an Orchid

                                 If I were an element of weather I’d be rain

                                If I were a musical instrument I’d be a piano

                                 If I were a color I'd be green

                                 If I were an emotion I’d be calm

                                 If I were a fruit I’d be grapes

                                 If I were a sound I’d be singing birds

                                 If I were an element I'd be water

                                 If I were a car I’d be a Mini Cooper

                                 If I were a food I’d be Whole Grain Bread

                                 If I were a place I’d be Italy

                                 If I were a material I'd be cotton

                                 If I were a taste I’d be rosemary

                                 If I were a scent I’d be spice

                                 If I were a body part I’d be eyes

                                 If I were a facial expression I'd be excitement

                                 If I were a song I’d be smooth jazz

                                 If I were a bird I'd be an owl

                                 If I were a gift I'd be living well

                                 If I were a street I'd be the crookedest street

                                 If I were a city I'd be Venice

                                 If I were a door I'd always be leading somewhere great

                                 If I were a pair of shoes I’d be worn well from great travels

                                                        And what would you be?
Please stop by Lori's blog sometime and enjoy her wonderful musings, and lovely creative jewelry!

1 comment:

almapottery said...

beautiful spring feature,I think if I were a material I'd be raw silk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails