Saturday, January 9, 2010

History of Heart/ Growing a Cherished Relationship




This morning I was doing a little housework and paused to look over a book that I had collected many years ago. I recently, brought out my copy of  History of Art, along with other titles that I had stored away. I did this so that I could enjoy them more readily.
Little did I know that I would uncover a little treasure inside one of my books. I evidently had tucked away little pieces of my daughter's artwork; sweet renderings she created for her Mommy when she was a little girl. So, this morning, I was happily reminded of the most lovely 'flower' in my 'garden', my daughter, Aubrey. Even though she is a grown woman now, with a life of her own, I will always cherish our history together and I will make it a point to continue to grow our relationship as mother and daughter.


5 comments:

trusk4u said...

That is such a lovely story! I too have saved artwork, and special school projects of both my children. It's fun to look at them every once in awhile and remember when they were small. Though they are adults and on their own, it doesn't seem all that long ago!

Audrey said...

That is just precious!

Pretty Things said...

That's so awesome. Books are treasures in and of themselves, but to find a REAL treasure inside? Bliss.

I keep Zack's artwork and some school work in huge art boxes I get from Exposures. He was amazed last night when I got my latest one in the mail that I actually kept his things, and couldn't believe that so far, in his seven-year life, I have six huge boxes full.

Lindsy Floyd said...

What a wonderful surprise. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to draw beautiful things like that!

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments ladies! It's especially nice to have my daughter's sweet renderings now that she is grown up...and photographs too! She used to automatically strike a pose whenever I picked up a camera when she was little...LOL...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails