Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Photosynthesis as a Catalyst to Growth


This past week, I have spent some of my time, pursuing marketing strategies for my Etsy shop. And again, not being a business person, I simply began as any new ‘seedling’ would and just followed the light so to speak. Reading other blogs and accounts of what has worked for others, has led me to some very enriching sources of advertisement.

The responses that I have received from my marketing endeavors have run the gamut from no response to an automated ‘thank you for your submission’ to a ‘rainfall’ of encouragement and warm wishes from other people who are just like myself- tending to their own ‘gardens’, hoping for growth of their own lives and ultimately, self expression .

Photosynthesis by definition is a process in green plants and certain organisms by which carbohydrates (otherwise known as sugars) are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source. Most forms of photosynthesis release oxygen as a byproduct. That’s the ‘ automated’ definition.

The human definition is that I can say that the sun has surely shown on me this week as I have made efforts to market my fledgling business- like a sprout reaching for the sun……and remarkably, people have been there for me, with such an outpouring of warmth, kindness, wisdom and support . I haven’t sold a thing yet….but I feel energized by some of the responses that I have received. And I am so very grateful for it. Human caring, kindness and support, likened to a kind of photosynthesis for me, is my catalyst for growth.

In the Macroeconomic sense, when the big economic ‘garden’ goes into upheaval and gets dug up, the survivors will be the little seedlings like you and me; Clinging to the things that enrich our lives. And we’ll be together, pursuing our passions, and supporting each other’s efforts- growing, flourishing, and blooming in our ‘gardens’…….. Let’s all dig in our roots, shine our support on each other and simply grow……….


3 comments:

DK Miller said...

Good luck with your marketing strategies and the holiday selling season!

Pilland said...

Wonderful site! I bookmarked it!
Best wishes from an Estonian living in Italy

Kirsten said...

Thank you so very much! All the best to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails